You are always looking for ways to streamline your operations and handle materials more efficiently. At Roura Material Handling, we are ever seeking solutions to help you work safer and smarter rather than harder. Our 55-gallon drum lifter and tilter is designed to give you easy handling of heavy items.
With it, you can safely lift and maneuver full drums weighing up to 6,000 lbs. This new product is easy to use, and it has many applications. The best part is that we build it to last, load after load.
How It Works
Use a drum lifter attachment on your forklift to put a drum into our Drum Rotator. Our 55 gallon drum lifter has forklift channels on the bottom for easy transporting and channels on the back for emptying. To safely empty a drum, follow these steps:
- Put the inside retaining rails at their highest setting, and put down the retaining chain so it will not block the opening of the Drum Rotator.
- Using a drum grip attachment, lift a full drum and place it inside the Drum Rotator. Adjust the inside retaining rails of our drum lifter rotator to secure the top of the drum so it will not move when you are emptying it.
- Using the forklift channels on the bottom of the Drum Rotator, transport it to the dumping site.
- Remove the forks from the channels on the bottom and insert them into the fork channels on the back of the rotator.
- Lift the Drum Rotator to its desired position and height.
- Slowly turn the rotator so that the drum contents fall out.
- Carefully bring the Drum Rotator back to an upright position, and then lower it to a safe and reasonable distance from the ground. Transport the rotator and drum to the desired location, and then lower it onto the ground.
Our drum lifter rotator comes in our standard Roura safety green color, but custom colors are available.
The advanced design of our forklift drum lift is made to help you streamline your operations and save you money. This innovative product also helps you keep your workers safe because forklift operators can empty a properly secured drum without leaving the driver’s seat.
This rugged piece of equipment has a seven-gauge welded body to stand up to years of use in many environments, including:
- Construction sites
- Industrial locations
- Food and beverage production
- Chemical handling
Whether you build automobiles or houses, if you make pizzas or parts for machining, our 55-gallon drum handling equipment can help you work smarter and more efficiently without putting your workers at risk.
Our Drum Rotator is as carefully designed as it is built. The specifications are:
- Depth: 35 inches
- Width: 39 inches
- Height: 59 inches
- Weight: 510 lbs.
- Load capacity: 6,000 lbs.
We wanted to make our Drum Rotator as useful as it is durable. It makes managing loads easy and safe.
Trust an Industry Leader
Though Joseph Roura founded his company as a structural steel business, Roura Material Handling has been specializing in self dumping hoppers since the late 1940s. We have always sought to find creative solutions to make your work site safer and your workdays easier.
Our wide variety of standard hoppers as well as our many options for customization mean we have what you want, and our prices are budget-friendly. Our engineers and sales team are happy to listen to your needs and help you find the right products. When you choose a Drum Rotator or any of our products, you can rest assured you are investing in durability and safety provided at a good value.