What is a Self Dumping Hopper? A self dumping hopper is a container that can be emptied without manual assistance from an operator. Roura first designed and started building self dumping hoppers in the late 1920s.
We construct each steel dumping hopper so that contents can be easily discarded by a forklift operator who never has to leave the driver’s seat or do any personal heavy lifting.
Advantages of a Steel Dumping Hopper
When you choose one of Roura Material Handling’s durable steel hoppers, you are making an investment in your employees as well as your overall operations. Our self dumping hoppers keep workers out of harm’s way, and they also reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries. There are also numerous other advantages, including:
- Our steel hoppers can safely hold many different types of materials, from light to heavy loads. Many industries appreciate the convenience of these innovative containers, from food preparation to construction to heavy industrial production. We even offer specially designed hoppers that safely hold toxic materials.
- Because they can be emptied safely and easily, these hoppers help you keep your workplace clean, safe, and organized.
- Self dumping steel hoppers are customizable. You can choose to either modify existing hopper models or request total tailoring to meet your specific requirements.
The versatility, ease of use, and safety benefits of dumping hoppers make them a worthwhile investment in your daily operations as well as your company’s future.
Galvanized Steel Hopper
Galvanized steel hoppers can hold many types of materials well, including toxic items. Galvanized steel is coated in zinc, giving it superior protection against corrosion and abrasions. Galvanized steel is also durable. Furthermore, it is recyclable. Roura’s steel hoppers are designed with plastic lids. Load and volume capacities for our galvanized steel hoppers vary, and our engineering and sales staff are ready to discuss your individual needs and help you find the right hopper.
Stainless Steel Hopper
We also offer stainless steel hoppers that are readily customizable. Stainless steel resists corrosion and is easy to maintain and clean. It contains nickel, which makes it rugged as well as non-magnetic. Stainless steel is affordable, easily available, and highly durable. Like galvanized steel, stainless is also recyclable. Our models of stainless steel dumping hoppers feature lids made of lightweight plastic.
As with our galvanized steel models, volume and load capacities vary. Our sales staff and engineers can help you select the best model for your work site.
Custom Steel Hoppers
When it comes to quality steel hoppers, you can have it your way. We offer many different options for customizing our hoppers, including:
- Casters – Easily installed wheels let you maneuver your hopper without heavy equipment. If the hopper is heavy, use a forklift to easily roll it where you want it. Our casters come in different materials for a variety of surfaces, from dirt to debris to clean concrete. Typically casters come in packages of four, with two straight casters and two swivel casters.
- Colors – Our standard color is green, but you can order customized colors. You can even request special options such as logos and brand names.
- Release systems – We sell variants of our auto-latch handles, which allow you to safely empty the hopper with a forklift.
- Bases – You can choose from a boxed tube or open channel base to fit multiple fork designs for easy and safe emptying.
- Covers – Use your hoppers outdoors with ease. In addition to our durable but lightweight plastic covers, we offer strong steel lids to withstand all types of weather. We also sell mesh and vinyl tarpaulins for temporary outdoor storage.
- Band cutter – This convenient yet tough accessory mounts to the side of any size hopper and quickly cuts up sharp and potentially dangerous steel banding, which can then be disposed of in the hopper.
- General components – We offer many types of quality accessories, including wheel brakes, chains, replacement trunnion pins, handles, and springs.
Safe and efficient material handling is part of doing business. No matter the application, our self dumping steel hoppers take your operations to the next level.