The perfect self-dumping scrap hopper for material handling applications.
The scrap self-dumping hopper has a lightweight plastic lid that keeps material dry, cuts down the odor and controls pests.
Roura has a scrap hopper line of hoppers, available in one and two cubic yards to solve all waste and recycling material handling requirements.
The scrap hopper is the toughest hopper in its class. These self dumping hoppers will reduce operating expenses, increase productivity and offer a safe and secure method of material handling.
Roura Material Handling can create custom designs that meet your specific requirements.
Common applications: In-plant refuse, paper, cardboard, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, glass bottles and scrap metal.
Scrap Self-dumping Hoppers include the following features:
- High-class sliced and ejected trunnion passage with taper pins, best wear confrontation.
- All hoppers offered by Roura are constructed of 3/16″ & 12-gauge carbon steel.
- Lightweight molded plastic lids that are both strong and elastic.
Contact our engineering and sales staff at either plant to discuss your specific requirements.
Recommended Hoppers for Scrap:
2T-3/16-034Load Capacity: 4,000 lbs. Volume Capacity: 1/8 cu. yd. Dimensions: 36" x 39" x 17-1/2"Read more
2T-3/16-068Load Capacity: 4,000 lbs. Volume Capacity: 1/4 cu. yd. Dimensions: 39" x 32" x 25-1/2"Read more
2T-3/16-SL-1/3Load Capacity: 4,000 lbs. Volume Capacity: 1/3 cu. yd. Dimensions: 48" x 39-1/2" x 24"Read more
2T-3/16-105Load Capacity: 4,000 lbs. Volume Capacity: 1/3 cu. yd. Dimensions: 49-1/2" x 32" x 31"Read more
2T-3/16-SL-1/2Load Capacity: 4,000 lbs. Volume Capacity: 1/2 cu. yd. Dimensions: 51”x51”x24-1/2”Read more
2T-3/16-135Load Capacity: 4,000 lbs. Volume Capacity: 1/2 cu. yd. Dimensions: 49" x 39-1/2" x 31-1/2"Read more
3T-3/16-205Load Capacity: 6,000 lbs. Volume Capacity: 3/4 cu. yd. Dimensions: 61" x 39-1/2" x 36"Read more
3T-3/16-270Load Capacity: 6,000 lbs. Volume Capacity: 1 cu. yd. Dimensions: 65" x 39-1/2" x 37-1/2"Read more
The Original “Self Dumping Hopper”
Roura conceived and developed the original self-dumping hopper in the late 1920’s. Prior to that Joseph Roura, the founder of Roura Material Handling, Inc. had been fabricating steel boxes and similar material handling products to supplement steel work his Detroit based company had been doing in and around Michigan where the company was founded.
If you look around, today it seems everyone is selling self dumping hoppers, but what many people don’t know is that what is now routinely referred to as a “Self-Dumping Hopper” was simply a steel box which Joseph Roura decided to give that name to back in the 1920’s! So when you want the real thing, come to the company that invented it, Roura Material Handling.
Understanding The Features of Scrap Hoppers
These hoppers are essential for proper waste segregation in various industries. They come in different sizes and can be made of different durable materials to suit your waste disposal and segregation needs.
It is crucial to understand the features of these dump hoppers to make sure that you are buying the right products for your business. These hoppers are a type of self dumping hoppers essential for proper waste segregation in various industries. Here is an outline of some of their features to help you get started:
- For lightweight recyclables: Look for a hopper that is made of 12 gauge and 10 gauge steel with capacities of up to five cubic yards, and can hold up to 4,000 lbs. This type of hopper can handle light duty loads like construction debris, plastics and paper, wood, metal turnings, aluminum cans, and any lightweight recycling material. Make sure your scrap hopper has a continuously welded body with support channels for extra reinforcement and a formed top construction.
- For medium to heavy scraps: A scrap metal hopper must be able to safely handle metal scraps, sawdust, glass, ash, coal, and rubber. Hence, look for a model that can handle loads from 4,000 lbs to 8,000 lbs. It should come with an extruded and exclusive pierced trunnion track with taper pins for superb tracking and wear resistance. High-quality hoppers for these applications must be made of seven-gauge carbon steel, with a continuously welded body.
- For extra heavy scraps in harsh environments: These hoppers such as a concrete hopper for extreme applications like heavy construction materials, minerals, hot ash, concrete, and forgings must be strong and durable. Look for features like a 72-inch long box tube base that comes with a slide bolt latch, and three rows of back and side angles.
Essential Features For Heavy Duty Waste Hoppers
Two bottom support channels and back and side angles can provide additional reinforcement on the body of the hopper. A continuous stop bar and base to body chains provide additional reinforcement to the stops. A flip secure latch ensures that the scrap hopper stays in place.
Contact Roura Material Handling today, not only did we invent the self-dumping hopper, but we also specialize in making a wide range of materials handling solutions.